City of Wolverhampton Council has announced measures designed to support council home tenants who may struggle to pay their rent during the coronavirus outbreak.
The council has implemented the following measures to provide reassurance and offer flexibility to struggling households:
- Council tenants facing difficulty, for whatever reason, need to contact their managing agent (Wolverhampton Homes or their Tenant Management Organisation), who will look at each situation on an individual basis and provide advice, guidance and potentially a revised repayment plan
- There will be no enforcement action against arrears or evictions during this difficult time
- If you are able to pay your rent you MUST continue to do so. Missed rent payments will need to be paid at a later date
Councillor Louise Miles, City of Wolverhampton Council’s Cabinet Member for Resources, said: “These are unprecedented times and we know people are worried about how they will pay the bills if their income drops. We wanted to make it clear that the council stands ready to support people through the uncertainty.
“People will still need to pay their rent in full, but this announcement is about providing flexibility if you need it and identifying financial advice you may need.
“We want people to contact us if they face difficulty paying so that we can talk through their individual circumstances, so please work with us to let us help you.”
Contacts details for Managing Agents are:
Wolverhampton Homes – https://www.wolverhamptonhomes.org.uk/tenants/money-and-benefits/money-advice
Bushbury Hill EMB – 01902 552994 / https://www.bushburyhill.co.uk/contact/
New Park Village – 01902 552670 / http://win.wolverhampton.gov.uk/kb5/wolverhampton/directory/service.page?id=0RC8-Txki24
Dovecotes – 01902 552780 / http://www.dovecotestmo.com/
Springfield Horseshoe Housing Co-op – 01902 552872 / http://win.wolverhampton.gov.uk/kb5/wolverhampton/directory/service.page?id=6mGipudWOOI
For more information on City of Wolverhampton Council’s response to the coronavirus outbreak and what to do if you need support, visit www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/coronavirus
Notes to Editors:
- Issued by the City of Wolverhampton Council’s Corporate Communications Team.
- For more information, please call 01902 555439.
- More news from the City of Wolverhampton Council is available at: