Anti-social behaviour is any form of behaviour which has a negative impact on your quality of life. It could be noisy neighbours, vandalism or littering to persistent disorderly behaviour and drug dealing.

We know that anti-social behaviour can cause a great deal of distress.  That’s  why we’re committed to working with you and other organisations across Wolverhampton to investigate and resolve the cases which are reported to us.

What is anti-social behaviour?      

Anti-social behaviour spans a whole range of offences from noisy neighbours, vandalism or littering to persistent disorderly behaviour and drug dealing.

Other examples could include:

  • Criminal behaviour
  • Racist or homophobic behaviour and religious hatred
  • Threatening or intimidating behaviour
  • Gang membership
  • Domestic violence
  • Playing loud music
  • Excessive noise
  • Damage to property
  • Uncontrolled pets
  • Dumping Rubbish
  • Misusing motor vehicles
  • Making malicious complaints

Nuisance can affect people in different ways and at different levels so not every complaint can be dealt with as anti-social behaviour.  Some nuisances are considered to be everyday noises or minor lifestyle differences and wont be able to investigate them.

Examples of issues we can’t help with are:

  • People mowing their lawns or carrying out other garden maintenance at reasonable times and frequency.
  • People vacuuming or using other domestic appliances at reasonable times and frequency.
  • People carrying out DIY/repairs at reasonable times
  • Noise generated by everyday living, eg walking across laminate flooring, wearing shoes, people talking, crying babies, children playing
  • Cooking smells
  • Children playing in their homes or in a play area. (children playing ball games is normally not considered ASB)

In an emergency    

Please note our number 01902 552780 or the City Direct number 01902 551188 are not emergency or immediate response numbers.

In emergencies you need to call 999 – but for other matters where you need the Police, but its not an emergency, you can call 101.